GCBX Member Internship Opportunities
If your business is hiring Interns, please post that opportunity here so we can share with local municipalities who will pass this information on to local students.
JOB GOAL: To process, monitor and maintain required plans, records, approvals, reports and correspondence related to new construction, remodel and renovation of educational and ancillary facilities projects and sites, specific to assigned projects.
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited educational institution in building construction, architecture or engineering.
2. Current license in the State of Florida as a General Contractor, Architect or Engineer.
3. Minimum of five (5) years of direct construction administration experience representing a design firm, general contractor or owner.
4. Demonstrated familiarity with computer systems and construction management software.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with school and construction industry personnel. Ability to use business English, spelling and punctuation. Ability to perform basic mathematical skills and algebraic computations with reasonable speed and accuracy. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form. Ability to use applications, specifically Microsoft applications, with word processing and spreadsheets. Ability to manage time wisely. Ability to speak clearly and concisely on the telephone or in person. Ability to use calculators, copy machines and other office machinery. Ability to make decisions in accordance with District rules, regulations and policies. Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with other employees and the public.
REPORTS TO: Director, Construction Services
SUPERVISES: Project Assistant Assigned Clerical Support
1. Protect and promote the interest of the District and the Department.
2. Represent the department on business, community and district level groups.
3. Advocate, facilitate and monitor the alignment of Department vision and mission with District’s vision and mission.
4. Assume the financial responsibility for each project assigned by the Director.
5. Direct and manage the construction team through budget endorsement, schematic design, design development, construction development, and construction and warranty phases of assigned projects.
6. Review, monitor and report all aspects of the construction delivery process and makes recommendations to the Director of Construction Services.
7. Prepare estimates required throughout the project.
8. Submit revisions and evaluate engineering items to be verified by the Director.
9. Maintain contact with the Office of educational Facilities Construction, Department of Education, concerning current regulations, laws, codes, and new design and construction techniques pertaining to educational facilities.
10. Assist in updating and maintaining the District’s construction Requirements manual.
11. Negotiate and evaluates improvement objectives with departmental personnel.
12. Advocate, facilitate and monitor alignment of Department plans and budgeting to District strategic directions.
13. Develop short and long term goals.
14. Represent departmental concerns to the Director.
15. Listen to customer input.
16. Advocate, facilitate and monitor customer satisfaction data.
17. Communicate with SACs and other community organizations.
18. Maintain an information system that provides information requests in a timely manner.
19. Gather, monitor and share data for comparison and improvement purposes.
20. Assist in preparing reports and use results to improve service.
21. Advocate, facilitate and monitor the development, deployment and results of supervised employees improvement initiatives as they relate to district initiatives.
22. Utilize a decision making process in resolution of major problems.
23. Assist in assessing Departmental progress for ongoing improvement.
24. Act as liaison with community groups, parents and other agencies.
25. Supervise assigned personnel, conduct annual performance appraisals and make recommendations for appropriate employment actions.
26. Prepare or oversee the preparation of all required reports and maintain all appropriate records.
27. Perform other tasks consistent with the goals and objectives of this position.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with the District’s approved compensation plan. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by the District.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of personnel.
Here’s the link to our careers website to direct the applicant to apply for the job.
The function of the Project Manager is to manage multiple site day-to-day operations through direction and education of Bob Miller Masonry, Inc.’s construction project field teams.
Site Foreman directs and manages all on - site construction workers, subcontractors and equipment, enforcing the company’s direction, policies, procedures and safety standards, while meeting construction deadlines to ensure the higher quality of construction in every project.
The mason of Bob Miller Masonry, Inc. is responsible for creating and building various types of structure, by placing individual units, i.e. Block, brick, and stone, etc. bound together by mortar. And assist in the completion of construction projects and other assorted job-site duties to satisfy our customer base as required.
The link below is where potential applicants can apply.
Are you driven, outgoing, and organized? Are you able to take the initiative and manage different kinds of projects and cultivate relationships with prospective customers? We are looking for a highly motivated candidate that must be outgoing, enthusiastic, energetic, very organized, and have great attention to detail. This is an entry to mid-level position. Some experience is preferred.
We as a company like to work hard and play hard. We have a dynamic team and an excellent company culture that promotes opportunity, learning, and growth, while providing clear expectations in a fun, balanced work environment. Right now, we are in a period of significant growth. We have lofty goals we would like to achieve as a company, and we need someone to help us grow and expand our business to help us get there! That’s where you come in! We are looking for someone who will strive to increase visibility and maintain a positive and professional company image. This position will illustrate leadership, communication, and creative skills necessary to ensure success and growth within our markets. If you can perform the following responsibilities (or learn how to do them well), please send us your resume.
We are looking to hire reliable and organized Cable Technicians to install cable and antenna systems. Cable Technicians are responsible for installing coaxial, fiber, and Cat5/6 cable systems. Duties may include working on ladders, lifts, and above drop ceiling areas, digging and setting ground cables, working on poles or towers, and installing antennas and other equipment.
Additional skills are a plus.
Please send resumes to the following contact:
Kelli Lusk: Director of Sales & Marketing
Company website: www.aoc3.com
We are looking to hire reliable and organized Tower Technicians/Climbers to install, maintain, and repair, cable and antenna systems on towers, rooftops, and in-building systems. Tower Technicians are responsible for installing coaxial, fiber, and Cat5/6 cable, power systems, mounts, and antennas. Duties may include working on towers, rooftops, ladders, lifts, and above drop ceiling areas, digging and setting ground cables, and installing antennas, mounts, and other equipment.
Kelli Lusk, Director of Sales & Marketing