JOB GOAL: To process, monitor and maintain required plans, records, approvals, reports and correspondence related to new construction, remodel and renovation of educational and ancillary facilities projects and sites, specific to assigned projects.
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited educational institution in building construction, architecture or engineering.
2. Current license in the State of Florida as a General Contractor, Architect or Engineer.
3. Minimum of five (5) years of direct construction administration experience representing a design firm, general contractor or owner.
4. Demonstrated familiarity with computer systems and construction management software.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with school and construction industry personnel. Ability to use business English, spelling and punctuation. Ability to perform basic mathematical skills and algebraic computations with reasonable speed and accuracy. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form. Ability to use applications, specifically Microsoft applications, with word processing and spreadsheets. Ability to manage time wisely. Ability to speak clearly and concisely on the telephone or in person. Ability to use calculators, copy machines and other office machinery. Ability to make decisions in accordance with District rules, regulations and policies. Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with other employees and the public.
REPORTS TO: Director, Construction Services
SUPERVISES: Project Assistant Assigned Clerical Support
1. Protect and promote the interest of the District and the Department.
2. Represent the department on business, community and district level groups.
3. Advocate, facilitate and monitor the alignment of Department vision and mission with District’s vision and mission.
4. Assume the financial responsibility for each project assigned by the Director.
5. Direct and manage the construction team through budget endorsement, schematic design, design development, construction development, and construction and warranty phases of assigned projects.
6. Review, monitor and report all aspects of the construction delivery process and makes recommendations to the Director of Construction Services.
7. Prepare estimates required throughout the project.
8. Submit revisions and evaluate engineering items to be verified by the Director.
9. Maintain contact with the Office of educational Facilities Construction, Department of Education, concerning current regulations, laws, codes, and new design and construction techniques pertaining to educational facilities.
10. Assist in updating and maintaining the District’s construction Requirements manual.
11. Negotiate and evaluates improvement objectives with departmental personnel.
12. Advocate, facilitate and monitor alignment of Department plans and budgeting to District strategic directions.
13. Develop short and long term goals.
14. Represent departmental concerns to the Director.
15. Listen to customer input.
16. Advocate, facilitate and monitor customer satisfaction data.
17. Communicate with SACs and other community organizations.
18. Maintain an information system that provides information requests in a timely manner.
19. Gather, monitor and share data for comparison and improvement purposes.
20. Assist in preparing reports and use results to improve service.
21. Advocate, facilitate and monitor the development, deployment and results of supervised employees improvement initiatives as they relate to district initiatives.
22. Utilize a decision making process in resolution of major problems.
23. Assist in assessing Departmental progress for ongoing improvement.
24. Act as liaison with community groups, parents and other agencies.
25. Supervise assigned personnel, conduct annual performance appraisals and make recommendations for appropriate employment actions.
26. Prepare or oversee the preparation of all required reports and maintain all appropriate records.
27. Perform other tasks consistent with the goals and objectives of this position.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with the District’s approved compensation plan. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by the District.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of personnel.
Here’s the link to our careers website to direct the applicant to apply for the job.