Firmo Construction- Superintendent
The Superintendent is an integral part of the construction team, with a focus on hospitality projects. This position provides on-site supervision under the direction of Management. This position will manage the day-to-day job-site operations to ensure safe, successful, and timely project completion. Projects along Gulf Coast - Ft Myers, Sarasota, Tampa area.
This individual shall be a team player, polished and professional, willing to develop their skills, while working well independently.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide proactive on-site supervision of subcontractors, personnel.
- Ensure health and safety guidelines are adhered to at all times.
- Maintain high standards of workmanship to comply with plans, brand standards, and specifications.
- Manage planning and coordination activities to uphold schedule and budget.
- Communicate project progress with supervisor, project managers, and clients.
- Interface with inspectors, officials, and project stakeholders in a courteous and professional manner.
- Strong leadership qualities, proven negotiation skills, deadline and detail-oriented.
- Problem solving skills – common sense is paramount.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Computer proficient, working knowledge of construction management software.
- Enjoy a positive, team-centered, collaborative work style.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Minimum 2-3 years of field experience
- Hospitality and/or similar builds (i.e., ALF, Multifamily).
- Competency reading construction plans, drawings, specification documents, schedules.
- College degree; construction related major preferred.
- OSHA Certification (or willing to train upon hire).
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
To apply visit: https://firmo.bamboohr.com/jobs/