Firmo Construction- Junior Estimator
The Junior Estimator is an integral part of the preconstruction team. This position reports to the Estimating & Procurement Manager. This individual shall be a team player, willing to learn, while working well independently. There is potential for growth within the team!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform project take-offs using Bluebeam, Excel, etc. for commercial projects - ground up and renovations (hospitality, offices...).
- Research and log updated pricing for construction material and installation.
- Field general estimating inquiries and enter prequalification submissions.
- Sort estimating department emails – flag items in need of immediate review.
- Receive and distribute project plans, specs, RFPs, RFIs to appropriate persons.
- Assist supervisor with estimating/procurement tasks as needed.
- MUST have 1-3 years of estimating experience; ground-up projects included.
- MUST have working knowledge of estimating using Bluebeam,
- Able to calculate SF takeoffs (drywall, flooring, base etc)
- MUST be proficient using Excel,
- Know formulas. Able to create and use formulas to calculate take-offs.
- Understanding of advanced formulas is a plus.
- College degree preferred (or equivalent experience with HS diploma)
- Computer savvy and comfortable learning new software.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including strong follow up skills.
- Enjoy a positive, team-centered, collaborative work style while still able to work independently with minimal supervision.
To apply visit: https://firmo.bamboohr.com/jobs/