The work we do matters! Every day we make a real difference for the people that live and work in our community.
We have a set of core values that is acted up and internalized- it’s not just a fancy slogan that hangs in the lobby. We live and breathe it every day.
Our team is second to none! There’s a reason why we’ve been voted Business of the Year, Remodeling Magazines BIG 50, Gulf Coast Observers Top 500 and one of Sarasota’s Best Places to Work.
And now, we’re looking for men and women who are as passionate as we are. Would you like to be part of a team that appreciates you and has clients who appreciate the work you do? If so, J2 Solutions could be a fit. Here are some specifics on what we are looking for in this position.
What you’ll be doing:
You will be working closely with your designated Account Manager to take projects from pre-construction through completion. The work is primarily tenant improvement based for light commercial, senior living, institutional and healthcare facilities.
Most of our work is negotiated design-build where field experience and practical know-how is a must. You will be expected to “fill in the blanks”, “ask the right questions” and “proactively look ahead” often to make the projects successful.
You will be part of a team with a lot of energy, passion and desire improve. There are no ceilings for those who perform.
You’ll be working with Superintendents and Project Supervisors to complete a variety of projects; large & small, simple & complex, short duration (1wk) & long (4mo).
Most of the work falls between Bradenton and Port Charlotte but on occasion, day-travel is required (central and east coast of FL). We prefer to work locally.
We use MS Office, JIRA, Foundation, Chief Architect, Align and SmartBid.
· Manage and oversee projects under your responsibility
· Maintain your KPI’s
· Limited scope development & assignment.
· Preparation of preliminary milestone schedules
· Limited estimating (smaller projects) and bid-out
· Subcontractor and vendor purchasing
· Proposal writing
· RFI/RFP coordination
· Project documentation
· Pay applications and invoicing
· Permitting and jurisdictional coordination (ACHA experience is a plus!)
· Project communication(s) and documentation
· Demonstrate leadership and core values to both team and client(s)
· Continuously learn and improve
· Being morally and ethically strong. A great team player. Situationally aware.
· Being able to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously (usually smaller in nature).
· Light commercial experience (5yrs min) or Healthcare experience (7yrs preferred).
· Strong communication skills, both oral & written.
· Being able to decipher individual client expectations and act upon them.
· Aggressive ownership and follow-through on project deadlines.
· Being comfortable with sole responsibility and accountability. Extreme ownership.
· Acting and conducting oneself as a true professional.
· Flexible and comfortable with change.
· Ability to influence without authority.
No phone calls please.